- Keep the number of slides to a minimum and follow the assigned presentation slots. Please stop when signaled to do so by the Chair.
- Users of Windows/PC should assure compatibility of their presentation with the MAC system used at the lectern.
- Personal laptops should not be used unless under unavoidable conditions.
- No videos will be recorded.
- Question periods, thanks and acknowledgement of the speakers will take place during the session or after completion of the session, so please stay until the session ends.
Basic presentation requirements
- Presentation format: PPT.doc or PPT.docx.
- MAC-compatible presentation.
- Please take steps to compress any videos.
- Each slide should be concise, uncluttered and readable from a distance; include only key words and phrases for visual reinforcement. Avoid lengthy text.
AV Set up
- Basic AV setup will be provided: laser pointer, cordless mike, desktop mike, basic sound system.
- If you have any audio/video to be played, they should be checked in with the AV team 24 hours before your presentation.
- Upload your presentation at least 3 days before traveling to the conference venue.
Go to the presentation upload site and upload your presentation slides.
- Use the email address you provided when submitting your abstract. Once logged in, follow the instructions on the screen.
- You can also email the presentation to the designated conference email ID.
- All presentations will be downloaded to your session room on the day of your presentation.
- The presentations will be loaded prior to your session with the name "first name_last name and date / session".
OR upload your presentation at the registration desk:
- It is recommended to upload your presentation 3 days before the conference start date. If you are unable to send it, you can always upload your presentation (save the presentation on a USB Flash drive) at the lectern during the break preceding your scheduled presentation. The USB Flash drive will be scanned before transferring the presentation to the presentation folder.
- Once you have completed your presentation it will be permanently removed. (Optionally it may be selected for the presentation library maintained by USG.)
Considerations for PC Users [create on PC then move to Mac]
- Appropriate extension usage: use .PPTX, .PPSX if saving from PowerPoint 2007/2008/2010/2011 format or use .PPT or .PPS if saving to an earlier-version format or saving from an earlier version.
- Copy the media file to the folder where the PowerPoint file is, and only then insert it; otherwise links to most media files will break.
- AVI or MPEG are better choice files for videos or sounds; don't use WMV (Windows Media Player).
- Usage of fonts: Arial, Times New Roman, Courier and Symbol are best presented on MACS.
- Don't squeeze your text into placeholders: Text rendering on PC vs MAC (font substitution) can cause your squeezed text to get cut off by text boxes.
® ABEIS-2019 | Copyright 2018 ©